[X3D educators] new X3D book slideset Creating Prototype Nodes; X3D-Edit update; video podcasts online

COURTAUD Didier didier.courtaud at cea.fr
Fri Aug 29 02:36:23 PDT 2008

Hi Don

As I have already said, I am about translating your slideset into French
for a course at the University of Evry ( in the South of Paris ).

That is why I have downloaded today all your .odp files from

http://x3dgraphics.com/slidesets/index.php

and I have tested all these files with my local Open Office suite ( 2.4 ).

I have compiled in the attached file all the slides where images are missing
due to the little problem on OpenOffice I mentionned you in March.

Of course, I can grab them from the PDF files but I think it will be better
if you can correct the .odp files directly since :

- the image quality will be better
- it can be useful for other educators

An other little problem is my local version of Open Office seems not to have your font
and all the texts spread out of the box as shown in the attached screenshot.

What font are you using to create the .odp file ?

All this is not a criticism at all and I want to thank you once again for all your work on X3D, this
slideset and X3D-Edit.

Best regards

Didier Courtaud